TECHNICAL DIRECTION AND FIGURE SKATING TRAINING MANAGEMENT MASTER
This master’s title is directed towards the professional specialization of those who work training and educating athletes in figure skating.
This training aims to be the beginning of a new professional outlet for current skaters and coaches, as well as an alternative for people from other disciplines such as dance, who want to seek a variation to their current profession.
Why should I train figure skating?
This discipline has received very little integration of knowledge from the other ones, remaining anchored in a broadcast format based on the experience of previous skaters.
It is detected in it the lack of knowledge and applicability of other disciplines, such as biomechanics; In its imparting knowledge such as didactics, methodology, or psychology, and the lack of research in its evolution. For these reasons, this master is a different proposal to evolve figure skating and adapting it to the knowledge that we have in other disciplines, as well as integrating them into research areas that could allow us to evolve certain elements and develop new ones. Allowing an evolution according to the times that we live of the discipline as a whole.
This is the first call for this Master.
100-120 students maximum per call and a minimum number of 45 students.
LANGUAGES IN WHICH IT IS TAUGHT:
Blended course (face-to-face and online)
The Master is a UDIMA title and has a study load of 60 credits.
The methodology of the course is semi-face-to-face, which will allow the student to develop their training process combining mandatory face-to-face activities and activities carried out online through a virtual classroom.
Students will be able to access the web platform of the Master through a connection password that will formalize the enrollment. The face-to-face classes (180 hours) represent the main basis of the Master and are distributed in 40 concentrated teaching sessions between July and August, in which the teachers will present the fundamental contents of the syllabus, focusing on the most relevant contents.
Due to the particularities of this sport, face-to-face sessions have been concentrated in the summer months, because the availability of the ice rink is total, and because it is the period with the lowest performance of the sport, particularly accused this year by the situation with COVID, which will allow for an exceptional and unique situation, given that many of the international championships have been suspended, leaving many coaches available, who would not have been free in this period in other situation.
The student will be able to interact, learn and dialogue with the best professionals in the world of figure skating on an international level: coaches, sports directors, university teachers, psychologists, and coaches of recognized prestige, who will provide unique and multidisciplinary training.
- Graduates in Sciences of Physical Activity and Sports
- Level III Coaches, or Superior Sports Technicians
- Professional figure skating skaters or former skaters
- Graduates in other specialties
- Students in the last year of their bachelor´s degree in Health Sciences, Physical Activity and Sports
The master´s Academic Committee may admit candidates with professional profiles related to skating, who demonstrate to have the knowledge and skills necessary for adequate use of it.
In the event that the number of applications exceeds the number of places offered, a selection will be made based on the following criteria:
- Professional experience and level of your PDF
- Skating-related titling
Even if any of the requirements are not met, you can take this Master, obtaining after its ending a certificate of achievement from the UDIMA, instead of the Own Degree.
- Qualify coaches to direct and schedule training, using the knowledge of the different disciplines involved in it.
- Learn to prepare sports training for ice skaters, according to the level of difficulty involved in the sport.
- Understand the different variables of figure skating training
- Master and apply with certainty the most current training methods for the improvement of sports performance.
- Mastering the different teaching techniques and methodologies, according to the different evolutionary levels, as well as the different assimilation capacities.
- Acquire knowledge based on the most current scientific evidence with full applicability in the practical field.
- Mastering all the most advanced methods of evaluating sports performance.
- Master Physiological, Anatomical, and Biomechanical principles and use them to develop improvements in the performance of athletes.
- Mastering the principles that govern Nutrition applied to sports performance
- Diagnose the skater’s capabilities and design personalized improvement plans, under new training trends.
- Develop technical management and training tasks, within a structure of micro-competition cycles.
- Use efficient evaluation processes, both in the training process and in the competition.
- Understand the effective use of the different training methodologies, in each period of the competition.
- Plan and develop a teaching and training methodological model for each of the disciplines of figure skating on ice.
- Identify relevant parameters in the observation of the skating style of each individual.
- Extract information from the analysis of competitions and medals to create tasks in the training process.
- Know how to lead and know how to communicate effectively in the technical direction of the workgroup.
- Learn to solve conflicts and problems of social interaction in sports groups.
- Analyze the conflictive situations of interpretation of the regulation and develop a correct relationship with the judges.
- Design an effective communication strategy with families and the use of social networks.
- Acquire or improve the didactic skills necessary to be able to teach the different parts of the sports discipline.
- Identify the individual physical, psychological and social needs of athletes to be able to adapt to them.
- Develop critical and analytical thinking that allows to the generation of innovative protocols and procedures, with different types of technology.
- Learn in-depth the different evolutionary stages of athletes and their characteristics.
- Learn and apply motivation theories to sports practice.
- Interpret the psychological difficulties of the different stages within the competitions.
- Direct, analyze and implement sports programs for championships, structuring the elements according to the requirements of the ISU.
DISTRIBUTION OF THE CREDIT STUDY PLAN:
- Compulsory subjects: 54 credits
- 6 practical credits / final degree project
Subjects that make up the study plan:
- Figure Skating fundamentals I- 6 credits
- Body expression and dance – 6 credits
- Choreographic composition – 6 credits
- Sports training – 6 credits
- Didactics, innovation, and research applied to figure skating – 6 credits
- Figure Skating fundamentals II- 2 credits
- Figure Skating Injuries – 2 credits
- Sports Ethics – 2 credits
- Exercise Physiology – 6 credits
- Exercise Biomechanics – 6 credits
- physical activity and sport´s psychology – 6 credits
- Master’s Thesis or professional internships – 6 credits
- FIGURE SKATING PRACTICAL FUNDAMENTALS – 6 CREDITS – PRESENTIAL
- BODY EXPRESSION AND DANCE – 6 CREDITS – PRESENTIAL
- CHOREOGRAPHIC COMPOSITION – 6 CREDITS – PRESENTIAL
- FIGURE SKATING THEORETICAL FOUNDATIONS – 2 CREDITS – ONLINE
- FIGURE SKATING INJURIES – 2 CREDITS – ONLINE
- SPORT ETHICS – 2 CREDITS – ONLINE
- EXERCISE BIOMECHANICS – 6 CREDITS – ONLINE
- SPORTS TRAINING – 6 CREDITS – ONLINE
- DIDACTICS, INNOVATION AND RESEARCH APPLIED TO FIGURE SKATING – 6 CREDITS – ONLINE
- EXERCISE PHYSIOLOGY – 6 CREDITS – ONLINE
- PSYCHOLOGY OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY AND SPORT – 6 CREDITS – ONLINE
- FINAL MASTER’S THESIS OR PROFESSIONAL INTERNSHIPS – 6 CREDITS
If you are interested in acquiring the “TECHNICAL DIRECTION AND FIGURE SKATING TRAINING MANAGEMENT MASTER” ….. book your place now!
You will find how to do it at the end of this page.
booking price: € 750
Master´s final price: € 7,500
We will publish the teachers and trainers who will take part in the development of this master very soon.
At the time of registration, payment of the reservation will be made by Paypal. The amount paid will be reserved on the platform until a minimum number of 50 places is covered, if not, the registration to the master will be canceled and the amount will be refunded in full.